Accounting and Finance BAEcon
why did you choose your course at Manchester?
The course is closely linked with my ideal job as a Chartered Accountant, and because of my interest in finance.
The University of Manchester is a prestigious university and famous for its academic achievements. There are lots of opportunities to discover, learn and volunteer in the community.
What has been the highlight of your course so far?
My course units in Financial Decision Making, Management Accounting and Financial Reporting.
What has been the most challenging part of your course so far?
It's all gone smoothly so far however, Accounting can be time-consuming and novel for me.
Have you undertaken any fieldwork?
Yes, during my International Foundation Programme I learned a lot in the field of advanced mathematics, statistics, economics and politics.
How would you describe your student experience so far?
Fabulous, I feel satisfied with the study and life at The University of Manchester.
What is the best thing about living and studying in Manchester?
- the wide access to books;
- enjoying Premier League and concerts!
Are you involved in any extracurricular activities?
Yes, I became an ambassador, giving ideas to foundation students.
I am also thinking about taking part in the volunteer project in Uganda in the Summer.
How is your international student experience?
Great experience. Manchester has many of my compatriots and life is convenient because there's abundant Chinese restaurants and markets.
Multicultural events, especially Western and European ones are frequently held here and I've had a great experience.
What advice would you give to future students?
- Self-study skills are the most indispensable ability for university students, from my perspective.
- Making daily study (and life) schedules are helpful for regulating your time and balancing student life.
- Try to participate in activities and mingle with others because personnel skills are important in future life too.
What are your plans for after graduation?
- Going onto postgraduate study.
- Striving to get the ACCA certification.
- Finding an internship opportunity.
- Also volunteering, to gain social skills.