Being a part of a society will enrich your student experience, enhance your career prospects and help you to create a lively social network with other students.
Our BA Econ Society is the largest course society at The University of Manchester and offers plenty of opportunities to join in with activities and events during your time studying at the School of Social Sciences.
Get involved in this, or another course-specific society and gain new experiences, skills and friends.
The BAEcon Society
If you're studying Economics, Politics, Accounting, Finance, Business, Sociology, Criminology, Development or Social Anthropology, you can join the BA Econ Society.
The Society aims to:
- help you get to know other BA Econ students and foster a community;
- create a network for BA Econ students by holding social events throughout the year;
- provide career advice and networking; and
- enrich your general student experience through sports events, charity fundraisers and trips.
Get in touch
Email us: email@example.com
Find us on Facebook: BA Econ on Facebook
Being the Social Secretary for the Politics, Philosophy and Economics Society was fun - there’s no better feeling than arranging an event and watching it pass off successfully after weeks of preparations.Tom Danaher / BA student
The BSc Economics Society
The BSc Economics Society proudly represents ambitious students with great potential from The University of Manchester.
If you're studying BSc Economics you can exclusively join the BSc Economics Society.
The Society plans to:
- Build a platform for members to interact and build relationships using cross-networking between all year groups by holding socials and other activities;
- Encourage engagement with current affairs and international economic discussions through model debate simulations;
- Support our members’ career development through various workshops;
- Provide networking opportunities with our prestigious BSc Economics Alumni and offer insight into the economic, finance, consulting and accounting spheres by organising networking and speaker events;
- Organise company visits and bespoke application insights.
Get in touch
Find us on Facebook: BScecon on Facebook
Being part of the BSc Economics Society has made me realise how important an early focus on career is. The socials and networking events offered me a powerful advantage in terms of academic and professional development.Andreea Maican / BSc Economics Student