We are internationally recognised as a leading centre for economics research.
In the Research Excellence Framework 2014, Manchester Economics was ranked 7th out of 28 in terms of research power.
Overall, 75% of our activity is rated as world-leading or internationally excellent (achieving a 4* or 3*), including:
- 64.9% of outputs rated 4*/3*
- 90% of impact-rated 4*/3*
- 100% of environment rated 4*/3*
Our research focuses on five key areas:
- Development economics and policy
- Econometrics and applied economics
- Economic theory
- Environmental and resource economics
- Macroeconomics, growth and development
Research with impact
Facing some of the world's biggest challenges and questions.
Read more about our PhD in Economics.