We offer lots of activities to support you and help you become more employable.
The Manchester Q-Step Centre
We pull together expertise from across Sociology, Politics, Social Anthropology, Philosophy, Criminology and Linguistics at the Q-Step Centre, to prepare quantitatively trained students for the labour market or a career in research. It also gives you the opportunity to apply for a paid summer internship.
The Careers Service
All students and recent graduates at the University have access to our award-winning careers service.
Take advantage of:
- Access to books, journals, guides and psychometric tests.
- Explore job and career options.
- Group sessions with careers staff, experts and employers.
- Help with CV writing, application advice and quick tips.
- One-to-one careers advice.
- Pre-bookable appointments to discuss career planning.
- Practice interviews.
Manchester Leadership Programme
The Manchester Leadership programme helps you understand the importance of leadership through hands-on community activities, volunteer work and academic events.
You benefit from:
- Increased confidence in your written communication and analytical skills.
- Insight into the key challenges facing 21st-century society.
- Learning the importance of promoting social, economic and environmental sustainability.
- Meeting and working with students from across the University.
- Skills that employers look for, such as team working, debating, influencing and project management.
We are the only university in the UK to have social responsibility as a core goal. That's why we provide all of you the chance to make a difference through different volunteering opportunities, such as: