School of Social Sciences - Trudeau Doctoral Scholarships 2022
Type of award
School of Social Sciences
$40,000 per year for three years;
$20,000 per year for three years, as research and travel allowance
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate research
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available in all subject areas across the University.
- Either have a PhD offer to study in social sciences or humanities or be registered in the first or second year of a doctoral programme in the humanities and social sciences at The University of Manchester
- Be Canadian citizens
- Intend to or be doing PhD research related to the four themes of the Trudeau Foundation
This funding is available to students from:
Other eligibility criteria
- Candidates must have a programme offer by 10 January 2022.
- Candidates submit their application using the Trudeau Foundation's online portal . They will need to create an account and upload their application form and all the required documents (including references and transcripts, but excluding the letter of nomination), as outlined on the Trudeau Foundation's website by 21 January 2022.
- Referees provide references which must be signed and clearly indicate their name and contact details.
- The Faculty of Humanities Associate Dean for PGR considers all submissions from candidates in the University of Manchester and selects suitable candidates. If successful, the Faculty will provide a nomination letter through the online portal.
The Faculty Associate Dean for PGR will assess nominations based on Trudeau's evaluation criteria:
- Academic excellence;
- Leadership experience and abilities;
- Thematic relevance of research to the Foundation's themes;
- Public engagement;
- Desire to contribute to public dialogue and share knowledge;
- Communication skills;
- Desire to belong to a vibrant community made up of leaders from across sectors; and
- All forms of diversity, including but not limited to gender, ethnicity, language, region, and discipline. We welcome First Nations, Métis, and Inuit candidates.
20 Jan 2020
10 January 2022 - candidates must have a programme offer by this date
21 January 2022 - deadline to submit on-line Trudeau application.