Immerse yourself in the culture of another country, enhance your future employability and absorb the opportunity of a lifetime as part of our exciting study abroad programmes and exchanges.
Why study overseas?
All of our undergraduate students have the chance to apply to spend time studying overseas in one of our partner institutions, whether that be spending a year of your degree overseas or a shorter placement in Europe. Study abroad offers a wealth of benefits from:
- a truly character-building opportunity;
- study at some of the world’s most prestigious universities;
- volunteering with projects that really make a difference;
- enhancing your future employability;
- a wider look at the world and enrich your cultural understanding;
- learning a new language or polish up a rusty one; and
- Making new friends from all over the world.
Study abroad for one semester
- Meet some of our students who have spent a term in Paris, Hong Kong and Canada in their second years.
- Find out more about the University's International Programmes.
Full year study exchange
If you are studying on the BSocSc Social Anthropology course, you can the opportunity to apply in your second year to study abroad for a full academic year in your third year. All before returning to Manchester to complete your final year of study and be awarded the BSocSc Social Anthropology with International Study, as part of a four-year degree.