BA Economic and Social Studies (BA Econ)
Offering a range of benefits and ways of combining your chosen pathway with complementary social science units.
Your tailor-made degree
- provides an award-winning interactive learning experience that encourages a deeper knowledge and understanding;
- offers learning experiences that are based on and informed by current research;
- develop an awareness of the contribution of the social sciences to understanding contemporary society;
- prepares you for postgraduate study if that’s right for you;
- encourages a range of invaluable transferable skills that prepare you for employment.
Choose from one of these featured pathways
A great choice if you are interested in the relationship between accounting, finance and the social sciences.
Taught by experts from the largest Economics department in the UK.
- The Mathematics and Economics units in Year 1, are tailored to accommodate your previous academic experience (ie GCSE, A-level, AS-level).
- We collaborate with the Alliance Manchester Business School to equip you for the global business environment after you graduate.
- In Year 2, you focus on two or three study areas, but also have the option to study abroad, take credits in a language or join the Manchester Leadership Programme.
- If you choose the Accounting and Finance pathway, you may take course units that exempt you from certain exams set by professional accountancy bodies.
- Contact our admissions team for advice, information and more.
Diversifying your learning is the best way to get a head-start in this ever-changing world, so whatever your chosen specialisation the BA Econ course will leave you well-equipped to understand and impact the 'real world'.Lucas Hille / Recent graduate