Full year exchanges
Students studying on the BSocSc Social Anthropology course can apply in their second year to study abroad for a full academic year in their third year. Upon returning to Manchester, you will complete your final year of study and be awarded the BSocSc Social Anthropology with International Study (a four-year degree course).
The full year abroad operates on a pass or fail basis. If you pass your modules taken at the host university, your final transcript will list them but not include them in calculating your final average mark. If you do not pass your modules abroad, you transfer back to the standard BSocSc Social Anthropology.
- Students apply in their second year.
- An Academic average of 63% is required to study abroad.
- For details on how to apply and the deadlines for submission, please visit My Placement. NB. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For support and advice on your module selection contact your Social Anthropology Academic Exchange Adviser (AEA).
What to do next?
- Look out for any promotional activities ran by the International Programmes Office.
- Explore the Go Abroad website.
- Explore My Placement and research the universities which are approved for your degree.
- Read manchester: on the road – A study abroad journal by students, for students.
- Read the Advice on module selection and Module selection template form
- Follow the IPO on Social Media - Go Abroad - The University of Manchester | Facebook and UoM Go Abroad (@uom_goabroad) • Instagram photos and videos
- Email the International Programmes Office, Global Guidance Ambassadors if you have any questions – email@example.com
- Module selection guidance [Word doc]
- Module selection template form [Word doc]