We offer a variety of information, resources and assistance for taught master's students.
Access information for your programme of study, including handbooks, timetables, forms for requesting extensions, interruptions and more.
Programme handbooks for postgraduate taught programmes in the School.
- MSc Data Science
Healthcare Ethics and Law (HCEL)
- MSc Economics
- MA Economics
- MSc Financial Economics
- MA Philosophy handbook
- Politics MA handbook
- Politics Part Two Guide
- MA Anthropological Research handbook
- MA/Dip Social Anthropology handbook
- MA Visual Anthropology handbook
Social Research Methods
- MSc SRMS handbook
- SRMS Part Two Guide
- Postgraduate Taught Programmes (PGT) Sociology handbook
Visit our postgraduate welcome pages for information on induction and registration, including your induction week timetable.
We are committed to providing you with timely and appropriate feedback on your work.
The feedback you receive on your academic progress and achievement enables you to reflect on and improve your work and skills development. We adhere to the University's framework around assessment and feedback.
- Feedback will be provided within 15 working days of the final submission of assessed work (or exceptionally within 20 days).
- An opportunity for formative feedback exists on all course units.
- You can expect to receive clear instructions on the assessment process and grading criteria applied to your piece of work.
- Most written feedback is now provided in turnitin.
Don't forget all the other forms of feedback you receive, face-to-face, via email, peer feedback, blogs, in tutorials, lectures etc.
To keep us all safe we ask you to follow university guidance for current students available here https://www.manchester.ac.uk/coronavirus/support-current-students/
MA/MSc/Diploma forms and guidance
Access forms to make or request changes to your programme.
All Economics MSc students must attend the dissertation workshop.
Student eLearning support during the exam period.
Read our requirements around research ethics, the ethical approval process and health and safety.
Read about the degree regulations in operation for your programme.
Learn more about student representation and meet the reps in your School.