Explore our projects within the field of Sociology.
Please note that this is not a full list of our projects. For more information, see our staff web pages.
Selected current and recent research projects
- PROMISE: Youth inclusion and social engagement
- Sketching research: Artist in residence collaboration between the Morgan Centre and Lynne Chapman
- Living the weather
- Dormant things: Understanding memories, life and relationship changes
- Collecting and Analysing Secondary Covert Social Network Data
- 'Under the same roof' shared housing project
- Undocumented migrants, ethnic enclaves and networks
- 'Relative Strangers': donor conception in families
- Understanding everyday participation
- MYPLACE: Memory, youth, political legacy and civic engagement
- Inequalities in later life frailty and wellbeing (fRaill)
- Families 24/7: Children’s socio-emotional well-being and everyday life in families in a 24/7 economy
- Global Denim: Understanding the Phenomenon of Global Denim – its history, extent, economics, and consequences
- School choice and local place: parental perceptions and the impact of race, ethnicity and class
- A Minority within the Minorities
- Youth extremisms: understanding across ideological and religious contexts
Our research fellows
- Dr Andy Balmer (Simon Fellow): Our Ageing Brains
- Dr Helen Holmes (Hallsworth Fellow): Makers, make do and mend: a newly thrifty consumer?
- Dr Elisa Pieri (forthcoming, Feb 2016 onwards, Simon Fellow): Securing cities against global pandemics
- Dr Luke Yates (Hallsworth Fellow): Solo Living and Consumption: Exploring the link between one-person households and environmental change