Past PhD students
Read about some of our Sociology postgraduate research students who graduated recently.
- Charlotte Branchu - 'Bruised and battered: The lived bodily experience of women rugby players and the rugby world'
- Ulrike Ehgartner - 'Environmentally and socially responsible consumption? A study on the discursive construction of values towards sustainability'
- Deborah Giustini - 'Towards a sociology of interpreting. Bourdieu's influence in conceptualising a sociology of interpreting'
- Steffen Hirth - 'Relational geographies of food as areas of conflict between private affairs and political issues: Spatial and social localisations of responsibility in "sustainable" food discourses and practices'
- Hayley James - 'Connecting policy with the personal: UK pension reforms and individual financial decision making'
- Justine Karpusheff - 'Creative approaches to mental health care: Exploring the value'
- Isaac Ali Siles Barcenas - 'Mormon men masculinity: a qualitative analysis of religious normativity, secular representations of masculinity and their influence in males subjectivity'
- Jonathan Leif Basilio - 'Resisting the Evil Eye: US Technopolitics of Exclusion and Moral Economies of Public Resistance'
- Rashida Bibi - 'Balancing the books: Life experiences of mature British Muslim South Asian women in education: negotiating cultural and religious spheres to access education'
- Laura Fenton - 'Practices of Learning, Earning and Intimacy in Women's Drinking Biographies'
- Emma Fraser - 'Self and Ruin: Imagining the end of the city'
- Tom Redshaw - 'Radical Technologies'
- Denisse Sepulveda Sanchez - 'Negotiating being Mapuche and Middle-class: The Experiences of Social Mobility of the Mapuche Indigenous People in Chile'
- William Shankley - 'Changing Geographies of Ethnic Diversity in Britain'
- Matteo Tiratelli - 'Rioting and time: Collective violence in Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow, 1800-1939'
- Kunnaya Wimooktanon - 'An Examination of the Socio-Cultural reintegration of foreign-educated high SES Bangkokians'