We are guided by a commitment to environmental sustainability, recognising its position as one of the University's 'Ethical Grand Challenges'.
What we do
We will be zero carbon by 2038 and will eliminate avoidable single-use plastics by 2022.
Find out more about our sustainability journey by visiting our Environmental Sustainability website.
Find out what you can do. There are also a number of environmental sustainability student awards and competitions, such as:
- Environmental Sustainability PGT Dissertation Award.
- Environmental Sustainability Student Video Competition.
- Environmental Sustainability UG Dissertation Award.
Find out more about our research projects and centres surrounding environmental sustainability.
- Sustainable Consumption Institute - exploring how we can align a personal desire for a better life, with a shared need for a better future.
- Climate Just - a web tool that assists local authorities and other public bodies in considering areas of climate vulnerability.
- BIOMOT - the BIOMOT is a motivation and diversity programme and multi-disciplinary EU-funded project. It considers our motivation to act in environmentally friendly ways towards the promotion of biodiversity.
- Environmental and Resource Economics Group - the group comprises of Faculty staff, postdoctoral researchers and students and regularly welcomes visiting researchers from universities around the world.
- Stimulating sustainable consumption in Scotland.
- Our role in post-war Lebanese task-force.
- Tracking the climate disadvantaged.
- Justice and the future of flood insurance.