Recent politics graduates have pursued careers in a range of different areas, from teaching, journalism and law to accountancy, retail and trainee management.
The multidisciplinary nature of our degrees gives students the transferable and specific skills they need to move on from their undergraduate studies.
Some of the organisations our alumni are working in…
Accenture, Barclays, BBC, British Council, British Red Cross, Deloitte, European Commission, European Parliament, Google, Guardian News, HSBC, JP Morgan, KPMG, Manchester City Council, MediaCom, NATO, Oxfam, Pearson Plc, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Royal Bank of Scotland, UBS, Co-operative Group, The Open University, United Nations, World Health Organisation, World Bank.
Other University sites (you will leave this site)
- Access the University’s award-winning Careers Advice Service
- Take the Manchester Leadership Programme, develop your leadership skills and participate in community volunteering.
- Fast track your career with the Manchester Graduate Internship Programme
Useful external sites
- Prospects for Politics and International Relations – information on transferable skills, career areas and job options
- Find out why career-minded undergraduates are opting for social sciences.