Law does not currently offer a foundation programme for international students.
However, we do validate the INTO Manchester International Foundation Programme and guarantee a conditional offer at the University to applicants who complete this programme.
We also accept qualifying students from some UK-based foundation programmes.
Generally, we require completion of 12 years of education to a minimum standard before the commencement of a foundation course.
Applicants should contact the School to check if their qualification is recognised for entry to this programme and for specific entry requirements.
Accepted foundation programmes
- Abbey College Manchester International Foundation – 75% overall plus IELTS 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in any subtest.
- Bellerbys College Law Foundation Programme – Minimum of 75% in each module
- Birbeck (University of London) Foundation Campus – Minimum grades of AAA
- CATS Canterbury – Minimum grades of AAA in core modules
- Coventry University ONCAMPUS Foundation – Minimum of 80% overall with no less than 70% in each module.
- INTO Newcastle Foundation Year, Humanities and Social Sciences Stream – Minimum overall average of 75% with no less than 70% in each module
- INTO University of Exeter Foundation course – Minimum of 70% overall with no less than 65% in each module
- Kings College International Foundation – Minimum of 75% in each module (including Law)
- Liverpool International College (Kaplan) Foundation in Law, Business and Social Science – Minimum overall average of 75% with no less than 70% in any module
- NCUK International Foundation Programme, Humanities Stream – Minimum grades of AAA + A in EAP
- Queen Mary (University of London) Foundation – Minimum of 75% overall with no less than 65% in each module
- Royal Holloway (University of London) – Minimum of three distinctions
- Sheffield International College at the University of Sheffield Foundation in Business, Social Sciences and Humanities - Minimum of 75% overall and a minimum of 65% in any subject.
- Trinity College Melbourne Foundation UCL Foundation – Minimum of 85% overall with no less than 80% in any subject
- UCL Undergraduate Preparatory Certificate for the Humanities (UPCH) – Minimum of 75% overall with no lower than 65% in any subject
- University of Durham International Foundation (Humanities, Law and Social Sciences) – Minimum of 75% overall with a minimum of 65% in English
- University of London Intermediate Certificate (ICCCIS) (SOAS) – Minimum of 67% overall
- University of London International Foundation Programme (IFP) – Minimum of 75% overall
- University of Nottingham, Business, Arts and Social Sciences Foundation – Minimum of 70% overall with no less than 65% in each module
- University of Warwick Foundation in Law – Distinction, Distinction, Distinction, High Credit across four substantive modules and distinctions required in Law 1 (Obligations) module and Law 2 (Constitutional Law) module
- UITM Foundation in Law – Minimum of 75% in each module