The Mitchell Centre for Social Network Analysis is a cross-disciplinary research group located in the School of Social Sciences.
The centre’s mission is to be a world leading centre in the development and application of social network analysis techniques.
The centre is named after J Clyde Mitchell, who pioneered this approach whilst a member of staff at Manchester.
- To establish an international centre of excellence for social network analysis within the UK
- To establish a central resource and reference point for social network researchers and users both within the UK and internationally
- To cultivate existing interest and further stimulate interest in social network analysis in the UK and beyond
- To make important contributions to the social network analysis literature
- Data collection and different data types for social network analysis
- Longitudinal networks and network formation
- Descriptive methods and visualisation
- Statistical modelling of social networks
- Mixed methods for social networks
- Social networks and social movements
- Social networks and health
- Social networks and consumption
- Social networks and cultural production
In the past we have worked with the following international organisations.
- Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO), Department of Defence, Australia
- Redowl Analytics, Baltimore, USA
- Research Centre for Educational and Network Studies, Corvinus University of Budapest (RECENS)
- OpenKnowledge srl, Milano and London
Please contact us if you are interested in consultancy, bespoke training courses or to join our mailing list.