Recent politics graduates have pursued careers in a range of different areas, from teaching, journalism and law to accountancy, retail and trainee management.
The multidisciplinary nature of our degrees give students the transferable and specific skills they need to move on from their undergraduate studies.
- 80% of politics graduates at The University of Manchester in employment or further study within six months of graduation
- 60% of those employed in graduate level jobs (Source:UNISTATS)
Some of the organisations our alumni are working in…
Accenture, Barclays, BBC, British Council, British Red Cross, Deloitte, European Commission, European Parliament, Google, Guardian News, HSBC, JP Morgan, KPMG, Manchester City Council, MediaCom, NATO, Oxfam, Pearson Plc, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Royal Bank of Scotland, UBS, Co-operative Group, The Open University, United Nations, World Health Organisation, World Bank.
Other University sites (you will leave this site)
- Access the University’s award-winning Careers Advice Service
- Take the Manchester Leadership Programme, develop your leadership skills and participate in community volunteering.
- Fast track your career with the Manchester Graduate Internship Programme
Useful external sites
- Prospects for Politics and International Relations – information on transferable skills, career areas and job options
- UNISTATS – Compare official course data from universities and colleges
- Find out why career-minded undergraduates are opting for social sciences