Finding a supervisor
Our Politics PhD students are supported by strong supervisory arrangements as well as by structures that ensure appropriate personal and professional development.
We make sure that you get the very best training by:
- Streamlining the way that we provide you with feedback throughout your doctoral research project;
- Introducing personal development planning (PDP) as a core component;
- Giving you opportunities to enhance your career building skills;
- Making sure that you are fully integrated into Politics' research community;
- Championing Political Perspectives, which is run by our PhD students; and
- Helping financially wherever possible with fieldwork trips and the costs associated with presenting papers at conferences.
Explore the research areas our staff specialise in to find a suitable supervisor for your proposal.
Research clustersSee all
Comparative public policy
Cutting-edge research on issues of comparative politics in the UK, Europe, and worldwide.
Global political economy
One of the largest and best concentrations of critical IPE scholars in the world.
Manchester Centre for Political Theory
One of the largest and most prestigious centres for the study of analytical political theory worldwide.
Democracy and elections
The greatest concentration of electoral scholars in Britain, responsible for the prestigious British Election Study.