BSocSc Sociology / Entry requirements
Year of entry: 2018
- We do not accept two A/S Levels grades in place of one A Level.
- Applicants must be studying at least one of the following A Level subjects: Accounting; Economics; Finance; Business Studies; Development Studies; Government and Politics; Economic and Social History; Mathematics; Anthropology; Sociology; Philosophy; Religious Studies; English Language; English Literature; Geography; Psychology; Classical Civilisation; History; Archaeology; Communication Studies; Environmental Studies; World Development; Biology; Chemistry; Physics; Modern Languages.
- General Studies and Critical Thinking are not accepted for entry.
Unit grade information
Minimum grade C in English Language and grade C in Mathematics. In the newly reformed GCSEs in England you will require a grade 5 in English Language and grade 5 in Mathematics.
6,5,5 at Higher level, 33 points overall. Applicants offering Mathematics or Maths Methods at standard or higher level must achieve a minimum of grade 5.
Applicants not holding GCSE English Language or equivalent must achieve grade 5 in standard or higher level English.
Alternative entry requirements
Alternative entry requirements exist for this course. You may view these by selecting from the list below.
- IELTS of 6.5 overall with no lower than 6 in any component.
- TOEFL (IBT) 92 overall with minimum of 21 in listening and speaking, 22 in reading and 23 in speaking.
- iGCSE English (First Language) grade C
- iGCSE English (Second Language) grade B