BSocSc Sociology / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
6,5,5 at Higher level, 33 points overall. Applicants offering Mathematics or Maths Methods at standard or higher level must achieve a minimum of grade 5.
Applicants not holding GCSE English Language or equivalent must achieve grade 5 in standard or higher level English.
- Number of places/applicants
In 2017 there were 496 applications for 63 places for this degree.
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Do you want to be part of one of the largest and most reputable groups of sociologists currently working in the UK?
- Would you like to develop the skills to analyse and interpret today's social developments and problems?
- Do you fancy learning research skills that will allow you to carry out your own sociological investigations?
- Would you like to study abroad for a semester in your second year?
- Take the right course units and you can apply for a paid summer internship through Manchester's Q-Step programme.
- Find out more and register for an Open Day
If you are made an offer we will email you an invitation to visit us late January, February or early March. These afternoons are organised by the School of Social Sciences and include a tour, a talk, refreshments and a chance to talk to students, lecturers and recruitment staff.
If you are visiting Manchester and would like to visit our admissions office please make an appointment in advance. (Call +44 (0)161 275 4470/1473 or email firstname.lastname@example.org )
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £18,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
- Academic department
- School of Social Sciences
- Contact name
- Social Sciences Undergraduate Admissions.
- +44 (0)161 275 1473
- +44 (0)161 275 4751
- Academic department overview
See: School Subjects