BSocSc Social Anthropology / Careers
Year of entry: 2018
A degree in Social Anthropology would give you the skills and knowledge that you need to able to succeed in the future. Graduates from Social Anthropology are highly sought after and are able to use their skills and knowledge in a wide range of different areas.
Employers: Department for Work and Pensions, Manchester City Council, Social Services, Royal Bank of Scotland. (Source: DLHE)
- 80% of students are in work / study six months after finishing.
- 65% of students were in a professional/ managerial job at six months. (Source: Unistats)
Throughout your studies and after you graduate you will have to access our Careers Service , which can help you:
- find summer internships or work experience;
- apply for jobs and provide practice interviews;
- access online and interactive services such as practice psychometric tests.
Our students can also apply for a valuable summer work placement in their second year through our Q-Step programme.
A favourite with employers, the University also organises careers fairs and events throughout the year to give you a chance to meet graduate recruiters.