BA Philosophy / Careers
Year of entry: 2018
Our recent graduates from Philosophy, and related graduates from the School of Social Sciences, have gone to:
Manchester City Council, Royal Bank of Scotland, Palgrave MacMillan, Lloyds TSB, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, TeachFirst, Siemens, The University of Manchester. (Source: DLHE)
Throughout your studies and after you graduate you will have to access our Careers Service , which can help you:
- find summer internships or work experience;
- apply for jobs and provide practice interviews;
- access online and interactive services such as practice psychometric tests.
A favourite with employers, the University also organises careers fairs and events throughout the year to give you a chance to meet graduate recruiters.
You can improve your employability by choosing course units in Year 2 from:
- the University College for Interdisciplinary Learning
- the Manchester Leadership Programme or Manchester Enterprise Centre
- an extensive list of optional language modules
`Their specialised Philosophy Careers Workshop has helped highlight the many desirable and transferable skills that I have picked up throughout the course of my degree. While Philosophy is a challenging degree, the support and guidance that lecturers and tutors readily offer has definitely made it one of the most rewarding!' Kristina Boneva, Philosophy student.