BSc Economics / Careers
Year of entry: 2018
Graduates from the Economics pathway are highly sought by employers. BA (Econ) graduates have gone on to the following careers.
- Accountancy and professional services - Ernst and Young, KPMG, Deloitte, PricewaterhouseCoopers - as well as other graduate level employers such as Grant Thornton and BDO.
- Finance and banking - Barclays, Citigroup, Fidelity, JPMorgan Chase, Lloyds TSB, Royal Bank of Scotland, Santander, HSBC.
- Government - Department of Energy and Climate Change, Department of Health, Government Civil Service, the Government Statistical Service and the NHS.
- Plus - DHL, Gazprom and IBM.
In recent years a large proportion of the BSc graduates have gone on to do a master's or a PhD both and Manchester and elsewhere, including Cambridge, King's College, Bristol, Morris Peter William College, Warwick and LSE.
Throughout your studies and after you graduate you will have to access our Careers Service , which can help you:
- find summer internships or work experience;
- apply for jobs and provide practice interviews;
- access online and interactive services such as practice psychometric tests.
A favourite with employers, the University also organises careers fairs and events throughout the year to give you a chance to meet graduate recruiters.
You can improve your employability by choosing course units in Year 2 from:
- the University College for Interdisciplinary Learning
- the Manchester Leadership Programme or Manchester Enterprise Centre
- an extensive list of optional language modules
- 90% of our recent graduates are in work or further study six months after they graduate
- 80% of those working are in professional or managerial roles (Source: Unistats)
- Manchester is the most targeted university by leading graduate employers (Source: High Fliers Report 2015)