BSc Economics / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- BSc (Hons)
- 3 years
- Typical A-level offer
AAB, including A in Mathematics.
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
35 points overall, 6,6,5 at Higher Level to include 6 in Mathematics.
Applicants not holding GCSE English Language or equivalent must achieve grade 5 in standard or higher level English.
- Number of places/applicants
- In 2017 there were approximately 743 applications for 67 places for this degree.
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Are you interested in economic principles, mathematical modelling and econometric techniques?
- Do you want to develop analytical reasoning and quantitative techniques that will set you up for the world of work?
- Are you keen to explore a range of different branches of economics before specialising?
- Find out more and register for an Open Day
If you are made an offer we will email you an invitation to visit us late January, February or early March. These afternoons are organised by the School of Social Sciences and include a tour, a talk, refreshments and a chance to talk to students, lecturers and recruitment staff.
If you are visiting Manchester and would like to visit our admissions office please make an appointment in advance. (Call +44 (0)161 275 4470/1473 or email firstname.lastname@example.org )
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £20,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
- Academic department
- School of Social Sciences
- +44 (0)161 275 1473
- +44 (0)161 275 4751
- Academic department overview
See: School Subjects