MA Visual Anthropology / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- Master of Arts
- 12 months full-time
- Entry requirements
A UK Honours degree (or overseas equivalent) at 2:1 level in anthropology, sociology, or related social science or humanities subjects.
Applicants must also submit with their on-line application, the following:
- Personal statement (approx. 500 words)
- Two academic references (no reference form is required).
- Transcript of marks
- Degree certificate
- Number of places/applicants
There are 3 main application deadlines; 1 December 2017, 1 March 2018 1 May 2018.
Applications made after these times will be considered although please be aware that due to its popularity the course is frequently over subscribed and so early applications are encouraged. Once the course is full we operate a waiting list system. Summer applications will be considered if space permits. Overseas students should allow enough time to organise funding/visas
- How to apply
To request a copy of the Postgraduate prospectus for the School of Social Sciences please email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- You want to study at the Granada Centre for Visual Anthropology - widely recognised as the world's leading centre for Visual Anthropology and Sensory Media
- You're looking for a course that combines anthropology with practical training in film-making, editing, visual methods, photography, sensory ethnography and sound
- You want access to professional equipment and to be supported by an internally renowned staff comprising the largest visual anthropology faculty in Europe
Course Director: Dr Rupert Cox, email; email@example.com
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2018, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £10,500
International students (per annum): £18,500
Please see the School's funding page for further information.
If you are already a graduate of The University of Manchester, please visit,