MA Social Anthropology / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- MA 12/24 months (ft/pt); PGDip 9/18 months (ft/pt)
- Entry requirements
UK 2:1 (or overseas equivalent, eg GPA 3.00+ in many North American systems) in an appropriate subject for direct MA entry
UK 2:2 (or overseas equivalent, eg GPA 2.70+ in many North American systems) in an appropriate subject for Postgraduate Diploma route entry.
- How to apply
- There is NO application fee.
- International (non UK/EU) are advised to apply by 1 June.
- UK/EU can apply up until 1 September.
- We DO NOT require references, but please indicate the names of two referees on your form and we will request them if necessary.
- Writing sample NOT required.
- Personal statement NOT required.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- You want to question taken-for-granted assumptions and view the world from a new perspective
- You are interested in studying distinctive research methods and ethical positions
- You want a course offering personalised and specialist supervision in pathways of different areas
Programme Director: Professor Karen Sykes, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2018, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £9,500
International students (per annum): £18,000
UK/EU students (per annum): £4,750
International students (per annum): £9,000
UK/EU students (per annum): £6,334
International students (per annum): £12,000
UK/EU students (per annum): £3,167
International students (per annum): £6,000
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for International students, for the course duration at the year of entry). For general fees information please visit: postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
Please see the School's funding page for further information.
If you are already a graduate of The University of Manchester, please visit,