Study abroad

Taking part in a study exchange as part of your degree is an excellent way to learn about another culture and the context of your degree subject overseas.

It can also help you to build a network that will be invaluable when you graduate.

The Departments of Law and Criminology (within the School of Social Sciences) offer the opportunity for students to study abroad at universities in Europe, Asia, North America, and Australia through The University of Manchester International Exchange Programme.

Where can you go?

You have the opportunity to choose from a fantastic list of partner universities (in Europe and out of Europe), to find out where you can go please visit the IPO section of the student mobility site.

Please note that students can only study abroad at universities that we have exchange agreements with.

Academic information

  • Exchanges are not currently compatible with Law with Politics or Law with Criminology programmes.
  • LLB Law students and BA Criminology students can apply in their second year to study abroad for a full academic year in their third year.
  • The study abroad year is a pass/fail year.