Considering a master's in political science, with a focus on Comparative Public Policy, Institutions and Comparative Politics?
- We offer both taught and research focused master's degrees.
- Each can be taken as a full time course over 12 months or on a part time basis over 24 months.
Which option is right for you?
The research route offers a wide range of modules to choose from and the opportunity to hone your research skills via a selection of research training modules. This is the option for you if you have your sight set on a PhD.
Our 'standard route' does not require you to take these research training modules.
- Political Science - European Politics & Policy Pathway (Research Route) MA
- Political Science - European Politics & Policy Pathway (Standard Route) MA
- Political Science - Governance and Public Policy Pathway (Research Route) MA
- Political Science - Governance and Public Policy Pathway (Standard Route) MA
Full list of Politics master's degrees:
How to apply
Please see The School of Social Sciences for detailed application information:
Postgraduate research (PhD)
We are one of Europe's top centres for research training and teaching, bringing together one of the largest groupings of political scientists and international relations scholars in the UK and covering almost all areas of the disciplines.
Find out more about our Politics PhD:
Find out more about applying and funding opportunities on the The School of Social Sciences website:
For postgraduate research programmes admissions enquiries please contact Vicky Barnes (Postgraduate Admissions Manager):