Politics and International Relations Student Research Conference
We are delighted to have hosted the May 2021 Student Research Conference.
The aim of the online conference was to showcase the best undergraduate research in Politics and International Relations at The University of Manchester, to encourage students to think of themselves as researchers and to experience academic research first hand.
It was a friendly, supportive opportunity for students and teachers to discuss other students’ research together. It is a celebration of the research being carried out by students.
The Conference was co-organised this year by the Politics Department and Juncture, The University of Manchester Undergraduate Politics Journal.
- climate crisis and greener futures;
- work, labour and resistance in contemporary capitalism;
- political ethics today;
- international financial institutions and the Global South;
- race, ethnicity and insecure politics;
- politicians, parties and institutions in British politics.
- journal publishing and academic careers;
- publishing your work and editing a journal – the view from Juncture;
- thinking about the final year dissertation, for second-year Politics students.