Sociology of Personal Life textbook
The second edition of our Sociology of Personal Life book is now available.
It draws on our experience of teaching our popular Sociology of Personal Life undergraduate course at the University of Manchester. This is a fully revised version, with new chapters on the body, home and personal life in public spaces.
Use the discount code SOCPER30 for 30% off the price, valid until 6 June 2019.
Using the book in your teaching
List of chapters and authors:
- What is a ‘Sociology of Personal Life’? – Vanessa May and Petra Nordqvist
- Conceptualising the personal – David Morgan
- Couple relationships – Petra Nordqvist
- Kinship: How being related matters in personal life – Petra Nordqvist
- Friendship and personal life – Katherine Davies
- Material cultures – Sophie Woodward
- Personal life across the life course – Vanessa May
- Consumer culture – Dale Southerton
- The body in personal life – Helen Holmes
- Home – Sue Heath
- Personal Life in Public Spaces – Vanessa May
- Sexuality and politics of personal life – Brian Heaphy
- Conclusion: Why a Sociology of Personal Life? - Vanessa May and Petra Nordqvist