We frequently deal with legal issues surrounding relationship breakdown such as divorce, division of assets and property rights and contact with children.
Legal aid is not available for court proceedings involving disputes between separating couples and child contact issues unless there is evidence of domestic abuse within the last 5 years.
You may be able to obtain legal aid, if your income and savings are within the legal aid limits, for the following matters:
- Injunctions and protection from harassment orders;
- Mediation in divorce and/or child contact issues;
- Children being taken into care/adoption;
- Forced marriage;
- Representation for a child;
- International child abduction.
If you qualify for legal aid we would advise you to contact a solicitor. To find out whether you qualify financially you can check on the Gov.uk website: