To celebrate University Mental Health Day (7 March 2019), SoSS and SEED are holding a photo competition based around what makes you happy.
- The theme is ‘What makes me happy’. Capture a moment that you associate with happiness to celebrate University Mental Health Day!
- Extra credit will be given for originality and relevance to the Manchester Six Ways to Wellbeing (Give, Learn and Discover, Be Active, Be Healthy, Connect, Take Notice - find more information here).
- UG and PG students from SoSS and SEED.
- Submissions will be accepted from Tuesday, 11 December until Sunday, 17 February.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- The winners will have their photos printed and hung in the Arthur Lewis Building Common Room, and will receive a free A3 print of their photo.
- Runners up will receive a free A3 print of their photo.
- All successful photos plus special mentions will be uploaded onto the SoSS website.
- Please set your camera to its highest resolution, and send us the file in its original format.
- All submissions to be made to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ‘What makes me happy’.
- Please give your photo a short title, and include this as well as your full name and student ID in the email.
- Feel free to write an accompanying paragraph to explain your photo - this is not mandatory but if there’s a story behind the photo, we would love to hear it!
- If the file is too big to send via email, let us know and we can provide an alternative method of submission.
- All successfully received submissions will receive a confirmation email. Without a confirmation email, you should assume that your submission has not been received (and let us know if this is the case).
- Only one entry will be accepted per email address. Multiple entries from the same email address will be disqualified.
- The winners will be announced at the University Mental Health Day event in the Arthur Lewis Building Common Room on Thursday, 7 March 2019.
Terms and conditions
- Video entries will not be accepted.
- The competition is open to all students (part-time and full-time) within SoSS and SEED.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to enable The University of Manchester to use the photo in marketing or communications.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.