The School of Social Sciences photography competition is open for entries.
The competition offers pupils from selected local schools: -
- a timely opportunity to focus on current environmental sustainability issues as highlighted by COP26 and ongoing talks around climate change.
- an opportunity to think about important Social Justice issues.
The deadline to submit entries is Friday, 1 April 2022.
All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Photography competition 2022’ (see ‘how to enter’ in Entry requirements below for specific details).
How to enter
- Choose your topic(s) - Environmental Sustainability and/or Social Justice.
- Take your photograph – use a phone, table, analogue camera or digital camera.
- Edit your photo – if you want to, or you can leave it as it is. Digital editing of smartphone photos should be kept to a minimum.
- Choose 3 hashtags to describe each photo and submit up to 50 words to describe your entry.
- Fill out the image release form – this allows us to share your photo and use it in our marketing. Get the form here.*
- All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Photography competition 2022’ and should include:
- Your name
- Year of study, school name
- Your phone number
- Tutor’s name/email address/phone number
- Category of your photograph (Environmental Sustainability or Social Justice).
- Your photo
- Up to 3 #hashtags and (up to) 50-word description of your photo entry
- Completed image release form
*If pupils are under the age of 13, parents or guardians are asked to complete their child’s personal information on their behalf.
- Entries must be submitted by midnight on Friday 1 April 2022 and must include all the information outlined above.
- You must be a pupil studying at Cedar Mount Academy, Loreto High School, Oasis Academy Media City UK, Chorlton High School or East Manchester Academy.
- Only one entry per person, per category.
- Image entered must be the property of the person entering it in the competition.
- You must have informed consent from any people in the photos.
- No photos of under 18s.
- This is not a professional photography competition. Digital editing of smartphone photos should be kept to a minimum.
- £150 voucher for the winning Environmental Sustainability photo
- £150 voucher for the winning Social Justice photo
- Winners will be invited onto the University of Manchester campus and will be presented with their prize at the Annual Arthur Lewis lecture on 3 May 2022.
- If the winner(s) is under the age of 18, we will need next of kin permission and emergency contact information if you are attending the above-mentioned event.
- If winners are under the age of 13, parents or guardians will be asked to provide their personal information on their behalf.
- We will endeavour to provide 2 weeks’ notice to the winners and their tutors for the invitation to attend the campus on 3 May 2022. We will email winners and their tutors which we will follow up with a telephone call.