UKRI Future Leaders Fellowship (FLF) Scheme.
23 April 2018
The scheme will support early career researchers and innovators with outstanding potential in universities, UK registered businesses, and other research and user environments including research councils' institutes and laboratories.
There will be six calls over the next three financial years, typically awarding 100 fellowships per round with no discipline quotas.
The majority of these Fellowships will run for seven years (with a major review after 4 years to approve continuation funding).
The FLF scheme welcomes applications from both UK and international applicants and individuals should use the person specification to assess and justify their suitability for the scheme. The support of the institution will a be critical component of all fellowships which will enable the fellow to transition to or establish their research/innovation independence in any area supported by UKRI.
The objectives of the scheme are:
- to develop, retain, attract and sustain research and innovation talent in the UK
- to foster new research and innovation career paths including those at the academic/business and interdisciplinary boundaries, and facilitate movement of people between sectors
- to provide sustained funding and resources for the best early career researchers and innovators
- to provide long-term, flexible funding to tackle difficult and novel challenges, and support adventurous, ambitious programmes.
The School of Social Sciences will submit two applications to the first round of the competition.
The first scheme has launched with a compulsory expression of interest (EoI) deadline of 7 June 2018.
Potential candidates are asked to submit an Intention To Bid to email@example.com by 14 May 2018 to comprise:
- Name of anticipated host discipline
- Applicant’s 2 page CV
- A note of primary area of interest (200 characters) and research focus (2000 characters)
This information will then be used to decide which two applications will go forward to the UKRI EoI stage.
The decision will be made by 25 May 2018.