BSocSc Social Anthropology / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- 3 or 4 years
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
6,5,5 at Higher level, 33 points overall. Applicants offering Mathematics or Maths Methods at standard or higher level must achieve a minimum of grade 5.
Applicants not holding GCSE English Language or equivalent must achieve grade 5 in standard or higher level English.
- Number of places/applicants
In 2017 there were 374 applications for 51 places for this degree.
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Are you interested in how people behave and organise their economic, social and political lives?
- Are you fascinated with the diversity in human societies and cultures?
- Would you like to develop analytical and communication skills for your next career move?
- Would you like to study abroad in one of our partner institutions for your third year?
- Take the right course units and you can apply for a paid summer internship through Manchester's Q-Step programme.
- Find out more and register for an Open Day
If you are made an offer we will email you an invitation to visit us late January, February or early March. These afternoons are organised by the School of Social Sciences and include a tour, a talk, refreshments and a chance to talk to students, lecturers and recruitment staff.
If you are visiting Manchester and would like to visit our admissions office please make an appointment in advance. (Call +44 (0)161 275 4470/1473 or email email@example.com )
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be announced once confirmed by the UK government. As a guide, the 2017 tuition fees were £9,250 per annum for home/EU students, and are expected to increase slightly for 2018 entry. Tuition fees for international students will be £18,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.