BASS Philosophy & Quantitative Methods / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- BA (Hons)
- 3 Years
- Typical A-level offer
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
6,5,5 at Higher level, 33 points overall. Applicants offering Mathematics or Maths Methods at standard or higher level must achieve a minimum of grade 5.
Applicants not holding GCSE English Language or equivalent must achieve grade 5 in standard or higher level English.
- Number of places/applicants
In 2017 there were approximately 1128 applications for 140 places on the BA Social Sciences course.
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Are you interested in exploring the fundamental questions such as the nature of knowledge, truth and values?
- Do you want the opportunity to combine your studies with paid and relevant work experience with a local or national organisation?
- Do you want a flexible degree that will keep options open for a wide range of careers in areas including social and political research, consultancy, business and marketing - or postgraduate study?
- Would you like the chance to study abroad for a semester?
- Take the right course units and you can apply for a paid summer internship through Manchester's Q-Step programme .
- Find out more and register for an Open Day
If you are made an offer we will email you an invitation to visit us late January, February or early March. These afternoons are organised by the School of Social Sciences and include a tour, a talk, refreshments and a chance to talk to students, lecturers and recruitment staff.
If you are visiting Manchester and would like to visit our admissions office please make an appointment in advance. (Call +44 (0)161 275 4470/1473 or email email@example.com )
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be announced once confirmed by the UK government. As a guide, the 2017 tuition fees were £9,250 per annum for home/EU students, and are expected to increase slightly for 2018 entry. Tuition fees for international students will be £18,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.