School of Social Sciences - PhD Studentships - January 2018 start
Type of award
Dr Stuart Shields, Postgraduate Research Director
School of Social Sciences
- UK/EU tuition fee
- £14,553 per annum maintenance stipend
- £750 per annum research training support grant
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate research
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- Social Anthropology
- Social Statistics
This funding is available to students from the UK and EU.
Submit full PhD application and include the following supporting documents:
- research proposal ( guidance on how to write a proposal )
- two academic references (referees can submit references directly to Vicky.Barnes@manchester.ac.uk
- degree transcripts and certificates
- IELTS or TOEFL certificate (if from a non-native English speaking country). English criteria can be found on the programme details pages.
- include name of SoSS January 2018 PhD Studentship in funding section on the application form
- include name of two preferred supervisors on application form.
01 Dec 2017
1 December 2017 for receipt of ALL documents.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Award cannot be deferred.
Contact details for enquiries
- Vicky Barnes
Postgraduate Admissions Manager
Tel: 0161 275 4743