MA Social Anthropology / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2018
How to apply
- There is NO application fee.
- International (non UK/EU) are advised to apply by 1 June.
- UK/EU can apply up until 1 September.
- We DO NOT require references, but please indicate the names of two referees on your form and we will request them if necessary.
- Writing sample NOT required.
- Personal statement NOT required.
Advice to applicants
The objective of this programme is to bring students with little or no background in social anthropology, or who have studied anthropology within a different intellectual tradition outside the UK, to a sufficiently advanced level that can go on to a PhD- track research degree if they that is their career intention, or to work in some arena of extra-academic life that requires an awareness to issues of cultural diversity. Therefore, although the admissions tutors for this programme will certainly take into account academic qualifications and English language competence, they would welcome applications from all those who feel that they could benefit from the programme's objective, regardless of academic background.
Points Based System (PBS) International applicants who will require a visa to study in the UK can obtain up-to-date information on the latest student visa advice and guidelines.