MA Political Science - Democracy and Elections (Standard Route) / Course details
Year of entry: 2018
- You would like to learn from the greatest concentration of Elections scholars in the country
- You want to access teaching based on high quality data from the prestigious British Election Study that we run
- You are interested in cutting edge research-led teaching by internationally renowned specialists in the area of elections and democratic engagement
The democracy and elections pathway will appeal to students interested in aspects of formal and informal politics, party and non-party engagement, the elected and electors and in the relationship between the process of government and the normative foundations of democracy.
- Programme Director: Dr Tom Loughran
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching and learning
IMPORTANT NOTE ON PART-TIME STUDY
Part-time students complete the full-time programme over two years. There are NO evening or weekend course units available on the part-time programme.
You must first check the schedule of the compulsory modules and then select your optional modules to suit your requirements.
Updated timetable information will be available from mid-August and you will have the opportunity to discuss your module choices during induction week with your Course Director
Course unit list
The course unit details given below are subject to change, and are the latest example of the curriculum available on this course of study.
|Political Parties in Contemporary Britain||POLI60121||15||Mandatory|
|Comparative Political Analysis||POLI60301||15||Mandatory|
|Dissertation Research Design||POLI60312||15||Mandatory|
|Understanding Political Change||POLI71042||15||Mandatory|
|Comparing Capitalisms in the Global Political Economy||POLI60031||15||Optional|
|European Political Economy||POLI60292||15||Optional|
|Understanding Governance: Policymaking in the 21st Century||POLI70271||15||Optional|
|The European Union: Politics and Policy Making||POLI70381||15||Optional|
|EU as an International Actor||POLI70851||15||Optional|
|Displaying 10 of 13 course units|
|Display all course units|