MA Anthropological Research / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2018
How to apply
- There is NO application fee.
- International (non UK/EU) are advised to apply by 1 June.
- UK/EU can apply up until 1 September.
- We DO NOT require references, but please indicate the names of two referees on your form and we will request them if necessary.
- Writing sample NOT required.
- Personal statement NOT required.
Advice to applicants
Points Based System (PBS) International applicants who will require a visa to study in the UK can obtain up-to-date information on the latest student visa advice and guidelines.
Candidates who wish to take the MAAR as a precursor to doing a PhD are usually expected to have an idea of the topic or project they are thinking of doing at PhD level. This need not be a detailed proposal, but an outline allows us to judge whether the appropriate supervision is likely to be available and to assign supervisors who are interested in seeing the project through. Also the structure of the MAAR programme is based on the principle that students have a specific interest or set of interests that they wish to develop. You are welcome to contact individual members of staff who you think might be potential supervisors. Or you can contact the Director of the MAAR programme for advice. In any case, it is useful to have a written outline of your intended research.
If you intend to take the MAAR as a stand-alone degree, it is not necessary to have a research proposal, but it is useful for us to have an indication of your general areas of interest in social anthropology.