MA Anthropological Research / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- 12 months full-time, 24 months part-time.
- Entry requirements
Minimum UK 2:1 (=60%, or overseas equivalent) in social anthropology or in a degree where social anthropology formed a major component.
- How to apply
- There is NO application fee.
- International (non UK/EU) are advised to apply by 1 June.
- UK/EU can apply up until 1 September.
- We DO NOT require references, but please indicate the names of two referees on your form and we will request them if necessary.
- Writing sample NOT required.
- Personal statement NOT required.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- You would like to acquire research skills in both anthropology and ethnography
- You are considering moving on to doctoral and research degree programmes
- You want a course that is part of the North West Doctoral Training Centre (NWDTC)
Programme Director: Dr Stef Jansen, email: email@example.com
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2018, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £9,500
International students (per annum): £18,000
UK/EU students (per annum): £4,750
International students (per annum): £9,000
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for International students, for the course duration at the year of entry). For general fees information please visit: postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
Please see the School's funding page for further information.
If you are already a graduate of The University of Manchester, please visit,