Careers and employability
We can provide support that's tailored to your career or further study aspirations.
As a School of Social Sciences postgraduate at Manchester, you'll have access to a wide range of careers support.
Our dedicated Careers Service
We work closely with the University's Careers Service, to offer you all year round dedicated postgraduate support, from exploring your career options, to securing your ideal job. The services they offer include:
- Experienced careers consultants, including dedicated teams for law and postgraduate students
- Tailored support and events for international students
- Opportunities for part-time jobs, work experience, postgraduate positions and voluntary work in the UK and overseas
- Comprehensive careers information online and in campus-based resource centres, including dedicated postgraduate resources
- Wide range of careers fairs, including a specialist Law Fair
- Skills development programmes and workshops
Access to employers
Various employers participate in on-campus presentations, talks and workshops, and mentoring schemes which enable you to learn about your ideal job from an expert currently working in the same area.