Environmental and resource economics
The members of the Environmental and Resource Economics (ERE) Research Group comprise Faculty staff, post doctoral researchers and PhD Students. We regularly welcome visiting researchers from universities around the world.
- Prasenjit Banerjee - game theoretic and experimental work on conservation and management of natural resources, behavioural impacts on environmental policies
- Ron Chan - energy end environmental economics, empirical industrial organisation, trade and environment
- Edward Manderson - energy economics, international trading schemes, FDI and innovation
- Dan Rigby - choice experiments and best worst scaling; economics of illicit behaviour; food safety; technology; risk, health and consumption
- Noel Russell - biodiversity and ecological services, sustainable farming and agricultural development
- Ada Wossink - ecosystem services, sustainability, policy analysis and evaluation, acceptability of sustainable technologies, efficiency
- Richard Christian - Green infrastructure and Health and Wellbeing Influences on an Ageing Population(GHIA), NERC-ESRC-AHRC project as part of Valuing Nature Programme
- Miroslava Hukelova - eMRC/ESRC/NERC/BBSRC project: ENIGMA Sources, Seasonality, Transmission and Control: Campylobacter and human behaviour in a changing environment
- Paul Knights - ePhilosophy & Economics working on FP-7 project: MOTivational strength of ecosystem services and alternative ways to express the value of BIOdiversity (BIOMOT)
- Caroline Millman - eMRC/ESRC/NERC/BBSRC project: ENIGMA Sources, Seasonality, Transmission and Control: Campylobacter and human behaviour in a changing environment
- Shivani Taneja - EPSRC/ESRC: CSEF Centre for Sustainable Energy Use in Food Chains
Other related staff
- Alistair Ulph - Professorial Research Fellow at the Sustainable Consumption Institute
- David Colman - Emeritus Professor
- Mika Kortelainen - VATT Finland (Honorary Research Fellow)
- Arjan Ruijs - PBL-Netherlands Environment Research Agency (Honorary Research Fellow)
Current and recent visitors
- Liangyu (Selena) Li - visiting PhD student Nov 2012- Sept 2013, China Scholarship Council, Dalian University of Technology, China
- Daniela Lueth - visiting student 2009, Wageningen University, Netherlands
- Ercarna Esteban - visiting PhD student from University of Aragon, 2008
- Francisco Alcon - visiting PhD student from Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena, 2007
Current and recent PhD students
- Paul Balcombe
- Seda Erdem
- Jonathan Gibson
- Keila Meginnis
- Caroline Millman
- Andrea Murray
- Faten Saliba
- Ibrahim Tajudeen
- Caroline Vass
- Natina Yaduma
- MSc in Environmental Economics
- PhD in Environmental Economics
PhD in Environmental Economics
We welcome enquiries from students interested in pursuing doctoral research. View the formal details of our PhD programme.
For an initial enquiry contact the member of the Environmental Economics group whose research you think is of most relevance to you and your research topic. In your email include the following information:
- The university, subject and class of your Bachelors degree.
- The university, subject and class of your master's degree and the courses taken.
- Some indication of your proposed research topic (to be developed to become your research proposal in the final application).
- For further practical information, including funding opportunities, please see the Economics PhD webpage.
General enquiries about research covered by the Environmental & Resource Economics group can be addressed to Prof Dan Rigby (email@example.com).