Social sciences in schools
Very few schools teach economics, sociology, politics, philosophy and anthropology. This new project aims to raise awareness of these subjects.
Designed for people who are considering their A Level and degree options, the project will:
- target Year 11 students who are in the process of making sixth form subject choices;
- not increase the workload of the schools involved.
What is involved?
Your school or college will receive:
- a visit from the Admissions Tutor from the School of Social Sciences to discuss the project;
- a free book 'Social Sciences – The Big Issues' for your library or resource centre;
- an opportunity to form links with The University of Manchester and potentially expand the project and develop new initiatives.