School Research Director
Prof Brian Heaphy
Research Support Manager
Knowledge Exchange and Impact Officer
Research Support Officers
Leonid Tarasov (Sociology, Sustainable Consumption Institute and Philosophy Lead)
Hannah Head (Economics and Politics Lead)
Susie Chesher (Social Statistics (including CMIST) and Social Anthropology Lead)
About the research support team
Our team helps academic colleagues to prepare and submit funding applications and manage new awards.
Its remit includes:
- understanding and explaining funder requirements;
- preparing budgets;
- formally submitting and accepting awards on behalf of the University;
- supporting internal peer review processes;
- coordinating approvals for new research staff appointments and contracts;
- arranging internal ethics screening;
- providing management information on applications and awards.
Research Support Managers additionally provide strategic research support to Heads of School, Directors of Research and School Research Committees and form part of the Faculty Management Team for the delivery of research services.